This is two page layout, but I have a lot of pictures of my little one on there that I figured I shouldn't put online so I'm only uploading one page for now. Anyhow, I LOVED the example on MPS of the dino with the pictures. I had been trying to figure out how to scrap my son's 1st birthday. My husband had been deployed and I figured I should do something for my little guy's birthday even though Daddy wasn't there(it's hard to have to do everything without the husband - but such is military life sometimes). The older two kids were driving me CRAZY over wanting cake. They decided that we should have a "frog" birthday. So I made an ice cream cake as it was the middle of the summer....(not really wanting to show that one as it turned out horrible looking - but tasting great!)... The kids wouldn't leave me alone to make the cake so it didn't turn out as I had planned. I finally gave up and slopped it together before it melted. I only took a few pictures, but some of them were priceless(which is really what I want for the memories afterall). The little guy really enjoyed his first taste of ice cream.... anyhow, I had forgotten to put up the decorations that I had as the kids had been driving me crazy that day. Still, once I saw the example on MPS I knew that would be perfect for his birthday layout! Just wish it had more places for photos like the dino did! Oh I also used the center point function on my cricut to cut out the "belly" of the frog with a picture. I hadn't done that before and it was great! That opens up a lot more creative possibilities! Happy Scrappin'!
Sunday, May 2, 2010
NSD Challenge #9 - MPS
This is two page layout, but I have a lot of pictures of my little one on there that I figured I shouldn't put online so I'm only uploading one page for now. Anyhow, I LOVED the example on MPS of the dino with the pictures. I had been trying to figure out how to scrap my son's 1st birthday. My husband had been deployed and I figured I should do something for my little guy's birthday even though Daddy wasn't there(it's hard to have to do everything without the husband - but such is military life sometimes). The older two kids were driving me CRAZY over wanting cake. They decided that we should have a "frog" birthday. So I made an ice cream cake as it was the middle of the summer....(not really wanting to show that one as it turned out horrible looking - but tasting great!)... The kids wouldn't leave me alone to make the cake so it didn't turn out as I had planned. I finally gave up and slopped it together before it melted. I only took a few pictures, but some of them were priceless(which is really what I want for the memories afterall). The little guy really enjoyed his first taste of ice cream.... anyhow, I had forgotten to put up the decorations that I had as the kids had been driving me crazy that day. Still, once I saw the example on MPS I knew that would be perfect for his birthday layout! Just wish it had more places for photos like the dino did! Oh I also used the center point function on my cricut to cut out the "belly" of the frog with a picture. I hadn't done that before and it was great! That opens up a lot more creative possibilities! Happy Scrappin'!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



This layout is super cute...but I have to ask you what is that in the frogs belly..I have tried to figure it out and it is driving me crazy lol:)
ReplyDeleteToo funny! Thanks for looking at my blog. I'm still figuring it out really! That is a picture of my son. I had blurred out the photo because I'm not so sure about putting that precious little face on the web quite yet! I'll have to hop on over to your blog and check it out! Thanks again!
ReplyDelete