Saturday, February 12, 2011

A couple of Gifts!

Well, it seems like I never have time to craft anymore.... I should introduce myself as long time shopper, rare crafter!! Wish I had more time, but my DH is gone an awful lot. Oh well.... what are you going to do?! I just keep snapping pictures and am hopeful I can get myself more organized and scrap them!! I really do love to scrapbook and I just haven't had enough time to do it. Anyhow, one of my friends just celebrated a birthday and I wanted to make a little something for her. I didn't have much time(wonder why?!), so I bought a couple of Green&Black's organic chocolate bars to give as a gift. I mean.... what woman doesn't like chocolate?!(and I happen to know she does!). I just cut paper to fit around the two bars and then wasn't quite sure how to decorate it. I used my Gypsy to find "Happy Birthday", but I'm not sure which cartridge that came off of! I didn't save a file for it, so go figure. I then used the new Mother's Day Bouquet to make a "flower"! I think it turned out alright for me! I haven't made many flowers and I've seen some beautiful ones I'd like to try sometime when I have a lot of time. I cut them out with my handy Imagine and then put them through the cuttlebug for a bit of dimension. I then put glue and glitter on the white pieces of paper(using the D'vine Swirls folder) for a little sparkle! A little bit of inking some edges and the finishing touch was a little "gem" in the center of the flower with my i-Rock! I do think she liked it and it's always nice to make something for someone else!

Now, my kids have begged me to make more treats for their classes. I don't believe that the Brits do much for Valentine's Day here in the classroom like they do in the states. However, mine want to bring something. So I figured I needed to make it super simple. I've never made anything so fast in my crafting life!! I think I chose well, using the sour cream container. It was simple and fast. No cricut, but I could have done so to make the circles and scallops. I used two punches for the shapes and Paper Trey Ink's Tiny Treats - Valentine's for the stamped images. I used several different ones, but only took pictures of the first couple I made! I forgot to take pictures of the treats I made for the kids' classes last time! I put little bags of M&Ms in them and then used the TH Tiny Attacher to keep them closed. I used my ATG, but it has never kept my sour cream containers closed. I think next time I need to use some of the tape instead! Thanks for looking and happy crafting!





2 comments:

  1. Both projects are really cute! I think the chocolate is an awesome gift! I know I love it!! The embossing on the flower really gave it an extra special touch! Great Work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...