Sunday, May 1, 2011

Calendar Page

Wow! It's been a long time since I've posted something! I've been so busy, and so overwhelmed. Such is life as a pretty much single parent. I don't know how some of you do it! I'm running circles it seems never getting anything completely finished! I always do a calendar page for myself to kind of keep a visual of what is happening for the month! I also HAVE to use my phone calendar to give me several reminders! ; ) I had a very limited amount of time to make this. I just got the Imagine cartridge Buccaneer and I wanted to try it out. I am trying to put together a scrapbook page, but while I was fiddling with that, I accidentally printed an image and it's layers without cutting. So, then I checked my settings again, re-did the project and decided I needed to do the print only option for a calendar page! Don't know why I haven't done it before..... although I have to say it will be MUCH easier once the CCR is compatible with the Imagine. As of now, I can still only cut using my expression. I'd like the ability to manipulate the images on the Imagine mat. That is the "cherry" on the top for me! Then printing on a page would be great.... I can put whatever image, wherever I want. Anyhow, back to the calendar. Just very simple as I was running out of free time, but needed this done(we're moving in less than two weeks - still in the same town, just right into the middle of town!). I put an image of a pirate on the top of the page, then used squares(without color) to fill in the space until I put the skull/crossbone image on the mat. I do like the potential of this.... if I were a bit more creative I think you could do some amazing things with it! I then used Designer Calendar to get the "calendar image" and Zoo Day Lite for the words. Welded on my gypsy and I had to create the shadow for that. Pretty simple, but I'm happy with it! The kids really like the pirates and I have a great idea to decorate some paper mache treasure chests for them once we're a bit more settled into the new place. I hope to be able to do some more crafting. I started a mini album for my Mom, but haven't quite finished that! Also the pirate scrapbook page/s!! Hope everyone is finding some time to craft(so I can live vicariously through you!). Thanks for looking!



1 comment:

  1. I love this cartridge but do not have an imagine. I do however have the expression 2. Now I am wondering how the imagine cartridges will work with this machine. The Buccaneer handbook shows all the pirates as a whole figure, and only some of the layers can be cut. Do you know if I would be able to just cut the layers shown and the rest of the pirate would be one solid color? That would stink! I appreciate any info that you may be able to give me if you know the answer. Thanks, and great work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...