
So, my DD's birthday is coming up next month and the girl asked me for a Toy Story 3 party. Lucky me, PC came out with that cart not too long ago!! So I'm starting to try to see what I want to make for it, and really how long it'll take me. I started last night and was up through the new year... without meaning to be! I haven't rung in the new year for a long time now thanks to my kids. I know, some people would call that extremely boring, but you see, my kids get up at the same time no matter what. They certainly couldn't make it anywhere near midnight and then even if they got close, they'd wake up early because they hadn't slept well. Stinks for me, but that's how it is. They were up early, even though they went to bed relatively close their bedtime(we had a movie night together!), but I was tired thanks to my frustrations last night. Anyhow.... I finally was able to get the 3D glasses to an appropriate size for my kids. Now, my children have smaller faces(none of them have ever had the "huge" heads that some babies/toddlers have)! so it took awhile to figure this out. I will make some varying sizes I think because most kids probably have a wider face, although if you aren't careful you'll definitely make these things way too large for adults! I cut the glasses to fit my DD(and my oldest son) at 2.5 inches(PURPLE). (the size for these has to do with the bottom of the glasses to the top of them.... not the length across their faces - which is why my first ones were HUGE!). Those fit both of my kids perfectly, without falling off while they were running around. I then cut out a 3(WHITE) inch pair and the alien ones are 4(GREEN) inches(and I think those would fall off of a lot of kids faces, unless they have rounder faces.(or maybe my children just have really small heads/faces?!!) ; ) So what I'm telling you is you don't want to do "fit to page" on these ones!
I then tried to tackle one of the 3D figures - Woody. Wow..... I wonder who designs these things. I was able to get it, but it's not fun trying to figure that out while you're taking care of three needy children!! Too many puzzles at once for me! Mostly I didn't understand what needed to go together until some things were cut out. It actually does go together easily, but when you're looking at the handbook and you see all those little pieces it's kind of daunting! The largest I could cut this out on my Imagine was at 8 inches. So I'm guessing you could go much bigger with the E and your gypsy!! I might have tried that, but I don't have the correct paper colors and it's hard for me to find them over here. I'm thinking it'd be great to have paper packs made up for Disney colors!! I've seen ones for Mickey Mouse(black/white/red), but I would LOVE to have some for other characters. I would have bought several of them! If anyone knows of any let me know! Instead I used some Disney RGB codes to choose colors that seemed correct for the characters!
Sorry for the terrible pictures, but I'm tired tonight and don't want to redo them. I think I need to get a light box.... but I'd like to not have to pay much for it. I'm also using my little point and shoot and it just doesn't seem to capture the color so well(well, it's me the person behind the camera that can't capture the colors so well - I need more practice!)! Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has an enjoyable start to their New Year!



No comments:
Post a Comment