Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My First Trifold!


Ok - so I am proud of this one! Not because it's a great looking card..... but I had downloaded someone else's file on doing a trifold card - but I saved it on my mac. Well, when in design studio, I'm using parallels so that didn't work at all(as in I never even got the file to open - so I never even got to see it)! I didn't want to go back and try to find the post again and download it onto the parallel side of my mac(which runs Windows and lets you use DS on a Mac!!), so.... I created my own DS and Gypsy files for my trifold card! Took me a few days, and I still might tweak a few things, but it's my own file!! I did of course have to look up dimensions(where to fold for a 12 x 5.5 card), but other than that it's my own! I used George(of course) and Plantin Schoolbook to cut from 2" to 10". I figured I could put in score marks, but I just used my Scor-Pal to do them. Then I fitted all the "layers" of paper on top of the 12 x 5.5 card and voila. Pretty simple really - but I wouldn't have bothered if not for other people just doing it themselves! So, thanks for all the inspiration fellow crafters! Here's my card. Not my favorite papers, but I was just experimenting and want to use up some papers that I have. I hope to make more of these soon as now my template makes it incredibly easy. Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...