Finally, DH is home!! Yeah! Means more time for crafting(when I'm not spending time with him!). So - my kids are nearly out of school for the year here in the UK(more like year-round school system), so I figured I should make something for their teachers! I knew I wanted to do some kind of a box, but I just wasn't sure which one. Then I kept seeing ideas with purses..... lots of purses! So I had to do a couple of those. I was wondering which cart besides Forever Young, because I don't have that one. Thank goodness I have TBBM!!! So I cut two out at fit to page on a 12x12 mat - which made them 7 inches. Perfect size for a little goodie bag! I have to buy some more ribbon as my littlest one decided he should throw my ribbon into the garbage, where I didn't notice until other things had been dumped onto it. : ( Oh well - he's just two - what are you going to do. So off to the store tomorrow to get some ribbon to match one of the purses. I'll have to wait a bit to get more from PaperTreyInk. So here are the purses - pretty simple, but I'm happy with how they turned out! Oh - and I made a flower for one of them using lyrical letters! I've seen this done so much lately I figured I should try. I've seen much more beautiful creations with those flowers, but I'm happy with how mine turned out. I also embossed it using my cuttlebug. Good crafting everyone!
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Teacher Gifts
Finally, DH is home!! Yeah! Means more time for crafting(when I'm not spending time with him!). So - my kids are nearly out of school for the year here in the UK(more like year-round school system), so I figured I should make something for their teachers! I knew I wanted to do some kind of a box, but I just wasn't sure which one. Then I kept seeing ideas with purses..... lots of purses! So I had to do a couple of those. I was wondering which cart besides Forever Young, because I don't have that one. Thank goodness I have TBBM!!! So I cut two out at fit to page on a 12x12 mat - which made them 7 inches. Perfect size for a little goodie bag! I have to buy some more ribbon as my littlest one decided he should throw my ribbon into the garbage, where I didn't notice until other things had been dumped onto it. : ( Oh well - he's just two - what are you going to do. So off to the store tomorrow to get some ribbon to match one of the purses. I'll have to wait a bit to get more from PaperTreyInk. So here are the purses - pretty simple, but I'm happy with how they turned out! Oh - and I made a flower for one of them using lyrical letters! I've seen this done so much lately I figured I should try. I've seen much more beautiful creations with those flowers, but I'm happy with how mine turned out. I also embossed it using my cuttlebug. Good crafting everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love your purse boxes!!! So cute!
ReplyDelete